Fancy something a bit different for dinner tonight and want to challenge your skills as a student chef? This recipe for Thai Green Curry is simple and tastes way better than it looks!
For the ingredients, you will need:
- Chicken breasts X 4
- Onions X 2
- Garlic cloves X 2
- Red chilli X 2
- Vegetable oil – 2 teaspoons
- Thai green curry paste – 2 tablespoons
- (Gluten free) Chicken stock – 400ml
- Coconut milk X 2 400ml tins
- Peas – 200g
- Mangetout - 150g
- Organic Green Soybean Pasta
This pasta is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs. It’s high in fibre and protein, what’s not to love?! Made from 100% organic soybeans, amazing.
This recipe can be made suitable for vegetarians & vegans by removing/replacing the chicken and the by using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock. Ensure that the Thai green curry paste is suitable for your dietary requirements.
- In a pan, fry the chopped onions, garlic, chillies in the vegetable oil until the onions soften. Then add the chopped chicken breast and cook well, until the juices run clear.
- Now add the peas and mangetout and fry with the cooked ingredients.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk (shake the can to avoid separation!) and the boiling stock. Stir and leave to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the curry simmers, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for approx. 5 minutes.
- To serve, drain the pasta and add the curry sauce. I top mine off with cashew nuts!
This recipe makes 4 servings, that’s Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday sorted – then treat yourself Friday!
Follow Harriet on Instagram for more brilliant recipe ideas!