What better way to spend a lazy Sunday than by making pancakes? This quick and simple recipe makes 8 delicious pancakes, perfect you and friends, you and a partner or just for yourself! Best part is you can have any fillings you like - my personal recommendations are; classic lemon and sugar, chocolate spread and strawberries or bananas and honey.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and coeliacs.
You will need;
- 120g of (Gluten free) Plain Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml of The Mighty Society Unsweetened Pea Milk
- Butter (for cooking)
- Fillings of your choice!
- Begin by sifting the flour into a large bowl. Create a well in the flour with the back of a spoon and crack the eggs into the well. Then with a fork or whisk, combine the egg and flour to form a mixture. Make sure not to miss the bits of flour on the sides of the bowl.
- In small amounts whilst whisking the mixture, add The Mighty Society Unsweetened Pea Milk, and continue to whisk until you can see no lumps of flour or egg.
- Heat a small frying pan on a medium heat, stick a knob of butter in the centre and melt – now you’re ready to cook the mixture!
- Ladle or pour your mixture in the centre of the hot pan and tilt it so that the mixture reaches all sides and resembles a circle. Now, allow the pancake to cook for a minute or so on the first side, flip it over and cook for a further minute until golden with little brown spots.
- Stack your pancakes, snap a picture for Instagram with #Foodsake and now you’re ready to fill them up and eat them. Enjoy!
Follow Harriet on Instagram for more brilliant recipe ideas!