This homemade soup and bread recipe is the easiest and best hearty meal. These measurements make 4 servings, meaning you can enjoy it for the rest of the week or with friends and family!
For the Loaf:
- Bold Buckwheat Loaf Mix
- 225ml warm water
For the Soup:
- (Gluten Free) Vegetable Stock 1.25 Litres
- Mixed Vegetables (carrots, leeks, potatoes, celery, onion, swede, parsnip – whatever you fancy!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs. It is Low FODMAP friendly, and free from 14 major allergens including gluten, dairy, nuts, egg and soya.
- Let’s start off with the loaf. Empty the packet’s contents into a bowl. add 225ml of warm water and stir the mixture. Then, place the dough in a loaf shape on the parchment making sure smooth the surface.
- Dust it with flour, score the top (for the ultimate crust), and place the loaf in the baking bag. Leave it to prove in a warm area for 30 minutes.
- The dough won’t have risen during this time, but it will be ready to bake. Place it in the centre of your oven at 200®C for 80 minutes.
- Whilst your kitchen fills with the scent of freshly baked bread, you can make a start on the soup. Prepare your vegetables by washing, peeling and chopping them.
- In a large saucepan place the veg, stock, salt and pepper and boil for about 10 minutes. Then on a low heat, allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then you can blend your soup (either by hand or in a blender) until it is smooth. I like mine with a bit of texture but it’s up to you!
- Now your bread will be ready to serve with your fresh, homemade soup! Feel free to garnish your soup and butter your bread before eating and relaxing.
Follow Harriet on Instagram for more amazing recipes!